Hi Dick,

There are probably lots of ways but I use the fee-ware called ImageWell. You
simply drag your image on to it and you have a choice of sizes. It then
reduces your original to a reasonable size for emailing and puts it into a
folder of your choice. You then attach it to your email. Your original stays
untouched.

http://xtralean.com/IWOverview.html

Lloyd 
Write a Winning Job Application 3rd Edition.
http://lloydwhite.iinet.net.au/



> I have a large group photo I tried to scan and send by e-mail, but it
> appears with large stripes across it (?Moire fringes).
> Perhaps it is too large (3.8 MB), but that's how it scanned (and it
> appeared OK. for me). How can I reduce it to
> a smaller file size, please?
> 
> OS 10,4.8,  Mail 2.1.1, saved in photostudio,
> 
> Thanks.
> 
> Dick Anderson
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>


-



--

 



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>