On 11/08/2007, at 11:09 AM, Geoffrey & Barbara Maidment wrote:
This smart folder conversation is interesting but I can't figure
out how to
work it using Entourage. Any clues?
Barb
This is a function built in to Mail !
If you had Mail open look in the sub menu under Mailbox for the command
" New Smart Mailbox " , or "New Smart Mailbox Folder "
I do not see the same option in Entourage , but it may be possible to
set up
new mail boxes with a " Rule " to put message details in that mailbox.
I have not worked out how to do that , or even if it is possible .
You should however be able to " sort " your mail in to various Mail
Boxes
by applying a series of rules , if that is any help .
Good luck
Bob
On 10/8/07 10:16 AM, "Ronda Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 10/08/2007, at 9:37 AM, Robert Howells wrote:
On 10/08/2007, at 8:17 AM, Ronda Brown wrote:
On 09/08/2007, at 4:09 PM, Jo Brookes wrote:
What will be the difference between a smart folder and a normal
folder in mail?
I know smart folders have been around for a while but I just
havnt needed to use one, quite happy with normal folders.
The help menu assumes I know what it is talking about.
Hi Jo,
To create another Smart Mailbox for email that's come in this week:
1. From the Mailbox menu, select "New Smart Mailbox" item
2. In the "Smart Mailbox Name" field, type in "This Week"
3. Change the "From" pop-up to "Date Received"
4. Change the second pop-up from "is today" to "is this week"
5. Click OK
The possibilities are limitless, so use your imagination and
create Smart Mailboxes to
automatically sort and sift your messages to your heart's content!
Cheers,
Ronni
And in addition to Ronni's message :
While I am still coming to grips with this ,
I think your mail stays in it's usual place ,and is still listed in
it's normal index ,
The Smart Box is a filter which index's a list of Alias that take
you to the message's they are tied to .
Particularly useful if you have lot's of mail and you need to
prioritise which you handle first .
Bob
Yes Bob you are correct.
Smart mailboxes appear in your mailbox list along with the ordinary
mailboxes.
But they aren¹t truly mailboxes, because they hold no data; they
merely list matching messages stored in other mailboxes.
Cheers,
Ronni
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz / 3GB / 800MHz / 160GB
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--
Geoffrey and Barbara Maidment
"Idleyld Farm"
477 Cowaramup Bay Road
Cowaramup 6284 Western Australia
ph/fx +61 8 9755 5265
e-mail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>