Ruben, it may not improve your frame rate a whole lot, but the choppy
image will look prettier. ; )
When I played WoW, I had a G5 dual 1.8 with ATI X800 on a Dell 24"
LCD. All settings maxed out (bar draw distance which was set 2
toggles below max) with x2 AA and native screen rez - ran smoothly.
T.
On 11/08/2007, at 4:07 AM, Dark1 wrote:
I'm considering a graphics card upgrade to increase my FPS on WoW
(mainly during raids) but I'm not sure whether or not it'll provide
a significant improvement for my machine.
I'm running
G5 1.8 GHz single processor
1.25Gb of RAM
ATI 9600 XT 128 MB (shipped to order with computer)
Monitor Max Resolution 1280x1024
I'm considering upgrading my 9600 XT to a ATI x800 256 MB mac
edition. The x800 prices at about $850-$900 on Australian online
shops and about US$270-US$300 on American online shops. Of course
additional shipping would apply in regards to ordering from an
American store but it certainly seems like a more attractive option
considering 1 Australian dollar buys approximately 86 US cents at
the moment.
If anyone has any advice for me or useful information I'd
appreciate it.
Thanks
Ruben
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>