Has anyone seen, in the flesh, the quality of prints that the, finally available in Australia, iPhoto print service produces?

I'm pretty used to getting good, almost professional, quality prints from my Canon inkjet at home for framing and mounting - not surprising as I spent a long time setting it up "just so" and will tweak and reprint any print that comes out unsatisfactory.

The Apple book printing service looks tempting for creating bound books though, something that's not easy to do from home.

I heard good reviews from technology/consumer websites about the service when it was introduced in the US all those years ago but also read some less than glowing comments from photographers about the consistency of colour accuracy between images sent and prints received and also with inconsistency between prints with in the same batch.

Now some people, myself to some degree as well, are quite critical about appearance of a print particularly if it's from a shot I've taken ans spent some time in Photoshop getting "just so" but .... I know if I gave a book of prints to my parents they would be happy with it so long as it looked and felt like it was reasonable quality and wouldn't know, notice, or possibly even care, that , say, the shade of red of the geisha's make up has just a touch too little yellow tone to it or that some shadow detail was lost in the background of a shot of some gamelan dancers...
--
~
Mark Secker  IT Labs Manager & Computer Support Officer
School of Business IT Services.
ph# 61-8-6488 1855  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
University of Western Australia - CRICOS Provider No. 00126G
~

"It takes an idiot to do cool things.... that's why it's cool"
- Haruhara Haruka (FLCL)

http://www.pbase.com/marxz



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>