On 27/02/2008, at 8:35 AM, David de la Hunty wrote:

Morning all,

Heres a poser particularly aimed at those who move through both universes

I have a medical camera just acquired which needs to run PC software. My network is a Mac one.

I need, I think, a compact PC (definitely not a tower) which I can bolt under a motorised table for portability. Wifi capability desirable. Plenty of Ram but minimal need for graphic grunt as it is a still camera. Needs a "3d" monitor - ie fast refresh LCD or a CRT.

... or do I?

Would a Mac Mini suit? Certainly compact!!! - and can boot into and run WinXP

Or is that the tail wagging the dog? What configurations are available in the windoze world?

Thanks for any advice.

David

I'd go the Mac Mini. At least you can be safe in the knowledge that if the software eventually comes out on the Mac, you can switch without having to buy new hardware. Also gives you the option of moving the machine elsewhere on the network once it passes its used by date with the medical camera. Being whisper quiet is a big bonus!

Seeya

Rod!