Apologies to those who know all about this already, but it was news to me
(well, I don't remember any coverage on the list!) & I found it interesting.

Pretty much all Mac users are aware of disc images as it is often used for
software downloads (the .dmg files).

Similarly the use of the sparse disc images (extension .sparseimage) has
also been covered many times on the list.

Well, apparently now with Leopard we have a new disc image format called
sparse bundles (used, among other things, for your time machine backup).

I have used sparse disc images quite a few times in the past -so I hope to
check out using a sparse bundle as a better solution.

Read about it here:

<http://db.tidbits.com/article/9673>

Cheers


Neil
-- 
Neil R. Houghton
Albany, Western Australia
Tel: +61 8 9841 6063
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>