My name is Eugene and I'm an addict......

Yep I've caught the bug, fortunately I limit myself to free apps but I will give strong hints for father's day that perhaps an iTunes gift voucher may give me a quick fix.

It is interesting that I was on a forum and certain people were slagging the iPhone. I suggested that the iPhone was going to set itself apart because it was more like a portable computer and that if would differentiate itself from other 'smart' phones including mobile windows based ones simply because of the apps and the iTunes store.

                      Regards,
                      Eugene


On 29/08/2008, at 10:07 AM, Martin Hill wrote:

I'm not alone!  ;-)

I must confess to having downloaded 99 Apps so far and counting...

Some of the comments are corkers like the one at the bottom:


-Mart
------------------------------------
Martin Hill
email: mart "at" ozmac.com
homepages: http://mart.ozmac.com
Mb: 0401-103-194  hm: (08)9314-5242


----------------------------------------

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2008/08/iphones- encoura.html

"IPhone App Store encourages new affliction: Appiphilia
6:30 AM, August 26, 2008
For the last few weeks, I've been staying up late glued to my screen, and frankly it has been wreaking havoc on my sleep patterns. No, not watching the Olympics or the nonstop political gabfest on 24/7 news channels.

I have been obsessively logging in to iTunes.

It's not about the songs, audiobooks, TV shows or movies. It's all about the apps."


Comments:
Posted by: Jake | August 26, 2008 at 11:47 AM
Hi, I'm Ken, I'm an appaholic. (group: "Hi Ken.") I started with just one app a day, then my addiction grew to the point where I had over 100 apps crowding my screen, and I had long forgotten what most of them did. That didn't stop me, I kept downloading. I'd sneak a download in the bathroom, and while at work when no one was looking. I even downloaded while in church. ("Forgive me, Father, for I have downloaded.")

I visit the iTunes store every five minutes looking for new apps. My thirst is insatiable.

I even went to a 12-step program for appaholics, but it didn't help. We spent the two hours trading info about apps, tips and tricks, and building our wish list for new apps. I even confessed that I might like to become a developer to create and sell apps for the iPhone. No matter that I don't know how to program. I didn't do a lot of things before I owned an iPhone, but that hasn't stopped me. Before I go any further, though, I'm going to make sure there's a 12-step program for app developers. If there is, then I know I'll have a great resource for app ideas and source code.

I tried to stop, but resistance is futile. Even the flashlight app won't lead me out of this darkness. Apple, you've snagged my soul. And, I love you for it.


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>