3GB RAM. I do have three printers always alive, two on a USB hub and one via Airport Extreme. No way I can not have them.
I shall just live with it
Thanks as always Ronni!
Severin

On 09/11/2008, at 5:19 PM, Ronda Brown wrote:

Hi Severin & Mike,

Usually it is an external USB or FireWire peripheral that causes sleep problems, or in a majority of cases it has been a software issue with either drivers and / or software to peripherals ... mainly printers.
OR
Short on RAM.
<http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1776?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_AU>

You could try this:
Set an aggressive sleep time of a few minutes, have a look at Activity Monitor and see if there are 3rd party background processes for peripherals that you can eliminate. Eliminate one and see if it goes to sleep.
Repeat till it sleeps as that should be the offending process.
If that process launches through your user's login items, maybe it doesn't have to. Another place to look would be in the offending application's preferences.