Hi Peta,
Use the Apple "help line" only as a last resort. The last time I use the service I was charged and it wasn't cheap.

Regards
Les Standish

On 20/12/2008, at 5:28 PM, peta belczowski wrote:

Hullo David

Thank you for replying - and thanks to everyone else who has been trying to help with my iPhoto problem.

I have tried various suggestions from WAMUG and also some given to me off-line, however with no luck. I work with my iPhotos a lot, nearly every day - this is my passion - so if I lost my thousands and thousands of photos it would be a disaster for me.

To those who have recommended that I find someone to come and look at the Apple, I think that it is best I now do this. I am starting already to have difficulty remembering what steps I have taken to rectify the problem, so I think it is time to call a halt. Maybe the Apple help-line may be able to talk me over a solution on Monday morning, but maybe not.

Incidentally, I think the iPhoto Library was under my name, which was next to a "home" emblem, so perhaps something strange happened when I was first set up early this year with my (first) Apple.

My Apple details are as follows:

Mac OSX v.10.5.5
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
*Startup Disc - Information for this is not under the Apple emblem, with the above info.

I live in Kalamunda - I can see that you seem to be in Manjimup David! Do you know of anyone who lives up this way?

Does anyone know of an Apple expert who lives near to Kalamunda?

Any names/phone no's. would be appreciated.

Many thanks - what a lot of frustration this rainy Saturday.

Again, thank you to everyone who responded.

Peta