Hi John, have you changed the extension to .ppt. That is the file extension for powerpoint files made on my Intel Mac. cheers, Susan.
On 15/01/2009, at 12:51 PM, John Daniels wrote:

Thanks James, however, having done as you suggest, PowerPoint is greyed out and cannot be selected. Also in Get Info the file is shown as a Photoshop 7
document which it is not, but extension is pps.
On my table lamp Mac the same file is correctly shown as a PowerPoint file and opens normally in that program. I don't know why the Intel Mac thinks it
is a Photoshop file.
So I'm baffled at the moment.
Cheers
John