MacBook Pro 2.4GHz 2GB RAM, currently running OSX 10.5.2

Despite having both "Wake for Ethernet network admin access" and "Restart
automatically after a power failure" unchecked in Energy Saver prefs, the
MacBook insists on starting up (ie actually switching on from a switched off
state) if I connect up the power adaptor.

Typically I might just connect up the adaptor prior to a trip to ensure I
start with a full battery for the journey - I do not want the computer to
fire up! - Aside from anything else, I don't want to forget/miss this and be
carrying around a sleeping computer rather than a switched off one!

This is not a new problem - it's been like that since I got the computer
(last May) - it's just that I've run out of ideas!

I can't find any other prefs that might affect/cause this.

Anybody got any idea how to stop this?

Any other MacBook Pro users have the same problem?

TIA

Cheers

Neil
--