On 01/04/2009, at 12:34 AM, Wez wrote:

Heya all, Couple of unrelated questions that happened to have cropped up at the same time.

Firstly I'm trying to get a screenshot off my iPhone. The preview method works fine for photos to get them into the mac. The screenshots however appear in .png format greyed out and are unable to be touched. From what I can gather looking around I think its possible with iPhoto which I don't have installed. I could email the files if I had mail setup which I don't.

Secondly my Mother is trying to learn using the various mac programs and is after a iWorks Tutorial/walkthrough or the like. She is after a basic course which explains as much as possible she can run through at her own pace? Anyone know of a good place to look for such a tutorial?

Hello Wez,

If you take a screenshot of your iPhone's display by "quickly press & release the Sleep/Wake & Home buttons at the same time", the screenshot is added to the Camera Roll. You can then use iPhoto on your Mac to import the photo from the iPhone's Camera Roll.
Are you saying you don't have iPhoto installed on your Mac?

For your Mother:
I find The Apple Training Series are very good, I have the iWork '08 and a few others. They have not released a iWork '09 as yet, I don't think.
<http://store.apple.com/au/product/TQ107Z/A?fnode=MTY1NDIyMA&mco=MjE1MjE4NQ>

"This self-paced learning guide, which includes a companion CD jam-packed with practical media files, takes you step-by-step through essential, real-life tasks for home and office that cover all aspects of iWork '08. The book is both a self-paced learning tool and the official curriculum of the Apple Training and Certification Program, used by schools and training centers worldwide, and is ideal for users of all levels."

How does one find out whether an iWork '09 Training manual is being produced? Searching Training on the Apple Store site results in a list of those currently available but the 'Contact Us' options provide no feedback facility on such a question. Is it just a matter of wait and see, and periodically checking the Store's web site?
Merv

--
"Science teaches that we must see in order to believe, but we must also believe in order to see."