Hi Walter,

If you have the full retail version of Leopard, then you should be able to
boot from the install disk and do the erase and install.

BUT many of the G4 iMacs (eg mine!) are not supported for Leopard (processor
too slow) - in which case you will not be able to install from the Leopard
disk.

If your iMac is officially too slow there are ways around this - Google is
your friend - but you may find the performance very sluggish.

Also, if you are having hard disk problems, I would make sure the erased
disk checks out OK before spending too much time on set-up.

Cheers

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton