I have set my Mac to wake at 2am and sleep at 12pm. If I leave Vuze open when I go to bed it should restart when the computer wakes up at 2am. I'll see how it goes.
I just can't stay up until 2am. I'm not as young as I used to be.
Andrew

On 02/05/2009, at 6:00 PM, David Moyle wrote:

Hi Andrew

I am also a user of Vuze but I've now got fed-up with it. I would look at uTorrent which is apparently much better and supports scheduling.

I'd be interested to see how you go. My housemate and I try and download in the off-peak period but it gets counted in our peak period??

Cheers

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew" <sprint9...@iinet.net.au>
Sent: Saturday, 2 May, 2009 5:26:39 PM GMT +08:00 Beijing / Chongqing / Hong Kong / Urumqi
Subject: Managing tasks on Mac

Hi All
I have recently "upgraded" my iinet account and now have 20GB off peak
download limit. The change also means my off-peak time is now 2am -
12pm (previously 12am - 8am).
Does anyone know how I can get a program like Vuze (my preferred
download method) to start up automatically at the off-peak time so
that I don't get shaped?
It would be good if it also wakes the computer at this time. Am I
asking too much?
I had a look at iCal alarm for this function, but when I went to
choose the script to run, Vuze was not available.
Any ideas?
Andrew