Stay as far away from Telstra as you possibly can...

Go with any of these guys...

Westnet/iiNet
Internode
Amnet

But stay far far far away from Bigpond.

On 02/05/2009, at 9:39 PM, Malcolm McCallum wrote:

I have just had a very plausible-- and pleasant Indian salesperson at my door and he talked me into changing from Westnet who have given me exceptional service for some years. They (Telstra) have promised me speeds of !7 megs approx and $70 dollars less on my combined telephone/Foxtel/internet cost as well as reliable well supported services. I told the salesperson I would personally remove his reproductive organs if he did not stick to his side of the bargain. :-) I have a rule not to buy anything at the front door , I hope I do not regret breaking my rule :-(

Mac

PS   I have a 10 day cooling off period.