Hi,
A couple of slightly annoying problems:
1. I have a USB thumb drive connected via a hub to my iMac OS10.5.6. When I plug it in it appears on the desktop, but when I shut down or restart without removing the thumb drive it does not appear on the desktop and I have to remove it and re-insert the drive, and then it appears again.

2. I created an alias for Mail and parked it in the dock, but again after a shut down it displays a question mark and won't open Mail when I click on it. I seem to remember that in earlier versions of OS 10 you could control-click and there was an option 'Show in dock'. How can I make the Mail icon in the dock open Mail all the time?

I know these a not quite on the scale of swine flu in terms of severity, but I like my Mac to run smoothly all the time - just to annoy Windoze users!!
Peter Bull
[email protected]


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>