Thanks Adrian,

That appears to have done the trick.

Take Care

Maureen



> From: Adrian Skehan <[email protected]>
> Reply-To: WAMUG Mailing List <[email protected]>
> Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 16:22:58 +0800
> To: WAMUG Mailing List <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: Parallels
> 
> Hi Maureen,
> 
> Try this:  Go to any word document and Right Click it > select Get
> Info > Open With > Other and select Word then select the Change All
> option.
> 
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Adrian
> [email protected]
> 
> 
> On 05/05/2009, at 4:12 PM, Maureen wrote:
> 
>> Hi
>> 
>> I am using a macbook pro
>> running 10.5.6,
>> Entourage 11.4.0,
>> Word for Mac 2004 and
>> Parallels 3.0
>> 
>> When opening attached word docs (in entourage) they always used to
>> open
>> directly in word.
>> 
>> Just recently when receiving emails  with word docs attached when I
>> go to
>> open them they force parallels to open.
>> 
>> If I save the attached doc to the desktop and then open it through
>> word
>> parallels stays closed.
>> 
>> This never used to happen before. I can't think of any settings that
>> I have
>> changed.
>> 
>> Any suggestions?  I only use Parallels if I have to when at work.
>> 
>> Take Care
>> 
>> Maureen
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
> 
> 
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Adrian
> [email protected]
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>