Hi Kyle, that seems to be about the normal price for this kit. I went for the D90 and new 18-105mm VR all in one box - its a decent range, and although only a kit lens, is newer technology, so figured it would be at least a decent lens, and it is. Its handy when travelling to just have the one lens (and the 35mm 1.8, and the 60mm Macro 2.8 in my suitcase). Overall a smallish, lightweight kit.

The pricelist seems out of date as the D90 and 105 kit lens appear to be about $1700 including GST now: www.d-d-photographics.com.au/nikond90.htm

The 18-55 and 55-200 cover a better range, of course, if you don't mind changing lenses in the field. And still a small, light weight kit.

I really like the D90.

cheers, Susan.