Hi Adam

You can only get push notifications for mail/calendar/contacts through mobileme. All the other accounts are fetch only at the moment. This may change with the updates that are coming soon, you will be able to nominate which apps run in the background. On your iPhone if you go to settings/fetch new data and select every 15 minutes it will look for emails more often, even if mail is not open. They warn you that if you fetch more frequently you will use more of your data plan but with your 1GB it will not be a problem. I use 3G almost all the time for everything and never got close to the 1GB limit. I also have the google app and have been unable to log on to gmail with it. That should not be a problem if you already have gmail set up though mail.

hope this helps

cheers

Peter F