On 26/05/2009, at 6:16 PM, Chris Burton wrote:

Hi Ronni and Sue

Thanks for the reply and its good to be back in the mix. It was kind of weird not having all the wamug emails daily and it only twigged a short while ago!!

re the usb drives, I was amazed to see such a large drive being usb powered now. Im going to take my MB in tomorrow and just plug it in and see if I can drag a couple of files across. Not bad value at under $200 for 500gb!!

thanks again

regards

chris



Just be aware that your enthusiasm may be curbed if you ever try to copy very large amounts of data at once (such as cloning your hard drive!). USB 2.0 tends to choke and slow to a crawl under such conditions. This is why a drive with a Firewire port, while more expensive, is a much better option. It is much better at sustaining a transfer rate.
--

Peter Hinchliffe        Apwin Computer Services
FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to.





-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>