Hi Gary,

Sorry, no idea what you are doing wrong - but a couple of ideas.

It may be that the pdf created has some problem that preview can handle but
acrobat can't - in the past I have had similar problems with jpg files that
graphic converter could handle but other applications couldn't - I found
re-saving the file (from graphic converter) solved the problem. I used "save
as" to create a new file rather than just "save' on the old file.

So:

1) You could try just opening the pdf in preview and doing "save as" to a
new pdf file and see how that goes. However I think the print as pdf
basically uses preview to create the file in the first place so you may
still have the same problem.

Or

2) Open the pdf file in Graphic Converter and then "save as" to a new pdf
file - that way you are using graphic converter to create the new file. (I
would be very surprised if graphic converter couldn't open the file.)

Rather than keep sending your trials to the printer it might be best if you
had some way of checking them yourself first.

Have you tried opening them using Adobe Acrobat reader
<http://get.adobe.com/reader/> (free download) - if the printer can't see
the drawing in acrobat, I would expect you to have the same problem in
Acrobat Reader - which then gives you a way to check if your "save as" fixes
the problem.

If you don't see the problem in Acrobat reader on the mac - I suppose it
could be a windows thing. I presume that, in your line of work, you also run
windows (under parallels?) so you could also try the windows version of
Acrobat reader to check the problem.

Anyway a few things to try - good luck.

Cheers

Neil