Hi Roger,

In the finder get info window, under name and extension, you have the "Hide
extension" checkbox - if you uncheck this the extension should reappear.

Of course doing this on an individual file basis would be a pain!

Two approaches come to mind (just ideas - I've never tried this)

- See if you can find or create an automator script to do the finder thing
on selected files.

- I would guess that the extension visibility is something you could turn on
or off in terminal - so I would think you could write a command to change
the extension visibility on a directory basis.

I would google it - someone is bound to have come up with this before.

Good luck

Cheers

Neil
--