Hi Lloyd, I have TTP5 installed on an external drive, but have also reinstalled TTP5 on my laptop, with protection turned on, and its now working well. I did download TTP5 from the link at the bottom of the MacUpdate email this time instead of the one in the body of the email, I don't know if this has made a difference. I have not set up an edrive on my laptop. So, not sure that it was TTP5 causing problems last time - I was getting freezes whilst using programs, the whole system was freezing - not just individual programs so I could force quit. cheers, Susan.