I have discovered a down side to opening PDFs with Safari, as opposed to Adobe Reader (at least, it is a down side in my opinion).

That is, with Adobe Reader, I can highlight, copy and paste text from PDFs directly into other apps, such as Mail. Using Safari, the copied text has to be pasted into TextEdit first, then copied again in order to paste into Mail.

Pat