Hi Tony, that is odd, but fortunately you can change preferences on the desktop Calendar, if not on the iphone. But, diaries with a week to each opening always start on the Monday, and I've just realised that iCal has frustrated me for years by 'splitting' my weekend over two separate weeks! How simple to change it to starting on Mondays.

cheers, Susan.