It still works though ;)

Brian

On 23/06/2009, at 9:46 PM, Mervyn & Giuliana Bond wrote:

Brian
VisualHub appears to have been discontinued.
Merv

Hi Merv,

I've used VisualHub to convert VOB's to DV & avi plus you can elect to join the VOB's if you need to.

VisualHub is free <http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/21888>

Cheers
Brian

On 23/06/2009, at 1:46 PM, Mervyn & Giuliana Bond wrote:

Further to my earlier posting one of my troublesome DVD recordings has the following folders:
VIDEO_RM  and VIDEO_TS
The first has files:            The second has files:
VIDEO_RM.BUP            VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_RM.DAT            VIDEO_TS.IFO
VIDEO_RM.IFO            VTS_01_O.BUP
                        VTS_01_O.IFO
                        VTS_01_1.VOB
                        VTS_01_2.VOB
                        VTS_01_3.VOB
                        VTS_01_4.VOB
Neither the folders nor the files are accepted by iMovie or iDVD.
A search of forums suggests the use of Handbrake to convert to mpeg or some other such format. I would like to separate the episodes and edit out unwanted film at the beginnings and ends, if iMovie will allow this after achieving a codex from Handbrake that iMovie will accept, and then burn the result on a new DVD that can be used on any DVD player. Is Handbrake likely to be the intermediate program that will allow importing to iMovie.
This is all a new landscape for me.
Cheers
Merv