You're welcome David,

If you have both old and new wireless devices, you can cable (via Ethernet) a new 802.11n base station hosting a 5GHz network to an older 802.11b/g base station configured to operate in the "802.11b/g compatible" 2.4 GHz band. This enables faster devices to connect at full speed with minimal interference, while also allowing older devices to connect to the same network through the older base station and interoperate together with every other device on the same network. This setup also prevents 802.11b/g devices from temporarily slowing down a 802.11n network as they transmit, which happens when using mixed devices on a 802.11n base station configured as "b/g compatible."

<http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/03/31/exploring_time_capsule_wifi_802_11n_and_the_5ghz_band.html >