I am handling a large collection of photos of the Albany Summer School from 2003 to the present, not my collection, someone else's. They are innocent looking JPEGS and all import happily into iPhoto and usually do not have an embedded profile. When trying to open them in Photoshop CS3, some, but not all, cause Photoshop to crash when told to assign the working profile. These same problem files open perfectly in Graphic Converter (and in Preview) and from Graphic Converter they copy and paste with no problem into Photoshop. I can see nothing at all unusual about these particular problem files. I am wondering if CS3 has been left behind by my Leopard 10.5.8 but suspect it is something much more radical.
Help welcomed.  I am talking about 1000 photos.
Severin Crisp
________________________________________________________
                   Assoc Professor R Severin Crisp, FIP, CPhys, FAIP
       15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia.
                    Phone  (08) 9842 1950   (Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                            email  mailto:[email protected]
________________________________________________________




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>