Hi Chris
Thanks for your response. The main program I run is OziExplorer and another minor mapping programs. Do you need to buy Windows for all the programs? and if so, would I be better off buying XP the same as I use at the moment or the latest system.
Regards
Peter
On 21/09/2009, at 10:12 AM, Christopher S wrote:

Hi Peter

I've used the current versions of Parallels and Fusion and Sun's VirtualBox (which is free) and they are all pretty good virtual machines. Unless you are talking the latest Windows games I would think any of the above would be fine for most apps. Games may run best in Fusion but BootCamp is probably
the better option - that is of course debatable.

There is a big caveat with all three and that is that you need to own a copy
of Windows to install in the virtual machine.

If it's only a couple of apps that you need like the ATO Tax App then I'd
probably suggest Sun's VirtualBox.

Regards,

Chris.

From: Peter Curtis <pcur...@aapt.net.au>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 09:57:06 +0800
Subject: Re: VMWare Fusion $41 till 11.30am today

Hi
I need to run windoze for a couple of applications that can't be run
on a Mac and currently use a small windows laptop. Now that I've
bought a intel Mac I intend to run windoze on it but haven't got
around to choosing which program to use. This email suggests now might
be the time to make up my mind. The question is: Is VMWare Fusion a
reasonable program to use for someone who wants to run a couple of
windoze programs on their Mac? or should I be more careful in choosing
what program I use?
Thanks in anticipation.
Regards
Peter