Hi Ronni

No I had ticked 3 of the 4 available (iPhoto 6, os10.4.11) on some googled advice, so orphans not included. Trying again now, then going out, so will report back later.

I meant I had searched the whole disc from the finder for the photos' file numbers, without success.

I have a backup of all but my last few missing rolls - but there's nothing vital on those so no dramas there

many thanks