Hi Ronni,

Thanks for all that info.

Success, I don't have QT Pro and haven't updated to SL yet but I did
download and install the Tooble application you recently recommended. I went
the "Enter a URL" route and it worked fine for the .flv file (downloaded and
converted to mp4) but at first wouldn't work for the problematic .mp4 file -
but then after approaching via a slightly different youTube link it seemed
to recognise and download the file - so now all three are in iTunes -yea!

I've also now got them all working as music videos -helped by your hint:

> if you want to have movies, TV  shows, and music videos all filed in the right
> place, you¹ll have to  individually set them in each file¹s properties under
> the Video tab.

Though for me the solution was under the "Options" tab - by changing the
"media kind" from "movie" to "music video"

Thanks again Ronni for pointing me in the right direction!

For anyone who is interested, the three YouTube tracks I was looking at are:

Lifes Ocean
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho7WIfjW74c>

Rag Doll
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0971Ah9VVmI>