I'm trying to convince a friend of mine to stay with Apple's Mail as a mail client, however there are two problems with Mail in his eyes.

One is bullet points which don't seem to appear as bullet points at the recipient end (I've experienced that as well).

The other is the absence of a ruler when composing messages, which, as an ex Windows user, he got used to in Outlook.

Does anyone know of any plugins which enhance Mail in this regard? Or is there an alternative mail application which brings both of these features more in line with Outlook on Windows. There's Entourage of course, and he does have Entourage installed and will have a look at it, but I'd like to let him know of any other options.

Cheers, Steven