Strange,..came through as a normal text email to me,...Very strange.

Hi Toby

You could try removing the following files to the desktop and see if it
makes a difference.
Macintosh HD/Users/yourname/Library/Preferences.
The 2 files to remove are:-
 com.apple.iphoto.plist and
 com.apple.launchservices.plist

Remove them to the desktop, restart and see if that works.
If not, you can put them back to the same location.

(oh, and you may also find a couple of extension in the same directory as
above, but in the folder "ByHost".
Called com.apple.ImageCapture.<lot of numbers here>.plist
You could remove that as well.

A couple of things to try here as well just incase:-
<http://blog.to.it/how-to-make-iphoto-or-picasa-recognize-your-camera-again>

If nothing there, try creating another User account, log in and see if it
works in the "new user" or not.

Hope that helps.

Kind Regards
Daniel

On 13/10/09 8:37 PM, "Toby Oldham" <toby.old...@screenwest.wa.gov.au> wrote:

> Hey, A quick Google search got a couple of hits but no answers... Anyone else
> have this Issue?
>
> I'm running a core Duo iMac with 4 gig of RAm, about 100gig spare disk space,
> 10.6.1 and iPhoto 8.1
>
> Neither my Canon IXUS 80 IS or my iPhone 3Gs is being recognised by either
> iPhoto or Image Capture.
>
> iTunes doesn't appear to be having any problems seeing/syncing to the iPhone.
>
> Bizarre.
>
> Cheers,
> Tobes.

---