i agree with Peter
my powerbook is on the net for the last 5 years.......no virus protection at all & still working
James

On 02/11/2009, at 8:30, Peter Hinchliffe wrote:

On 01/11/2009, at 7:26 PM, Barry Sexstone wrote:

Dear All

What is the current recommendation for anti virus programs for Snow Leopard? My update subscription to X5 expired just prior to updating to SL and I have not renewed as I would like advice from all the "experts".

Thanks

Barry

Did your previous subscription ever report the presence and capture of any Mac viruses? I didn't think so, because they don't exist in any real sense. X5 was just sitting there doing nothing useful and consuming processor resources that could have been used for something else. There may come a time when software like this might become necessary on a Mac, but it hasn't arrived yet.

Save your money.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 064 948

SAD Technic
Video Productions, Electronic repairs
U3 / 6 Chalkley Pl
Bayswater WA 6053
+618 9370 5307,+618 6262 5707, 0414 421 132
http://www.iinet.net.au/~saddas
skype: barleeway
over 40 years in electronics