Humblest apologies, Ronni, I misread your email! Nevertheless /Home/ Library/Preferences on Tiger does not have the com.apple.addresbook.adb.plist file on either machine. I like the method with exporting the vCard groups, really neat. Though I have a lot of groups on the master the other two machines need only two or three.
A great solution as always, many thanks
Severin