Hi Pedro, I wonder if your wife's POP3 email account is set up to 'remove from
server' on her Windows PC. Therefore, the inbox on the server keeps getting
emptied, and because the IMAP account sets the computer inbox to sync with the
server inbox, the messages on the IMAP account keep 'disappearing'.

Its possible to set up the Windows email account to leave the messages on the
server, just as it is in Apple Mail. Its a matter of ticking a particular box
in the  setup. You can modify the email account at any time. So, you can have
both POP3 and IMAP accounts accessing the same inbox on the remote server
(iinet). Again, this is something I have done myself, so know its possible.

If you think of the IMAP folders on your computer as being 'mirrors' of the
inbox on the remote server (at iinet), then its logical that if the messages
are being removed after being downloaded to the Windows computer that they will
be removed from your local inbox.

Could this be what is happening?

cheers, Susan.