Paul K wrote:
Hi Paul
Eudora was cleane faced and simple. If you wanted received attachments
in a particular location you told it and they went there. Tell
Thunderbird but they don't go unless you double click on the icon. One
could put a string of addresses in the TO and away they would go. Copy
and paste the string into the address book and by hitting Return you
turn them into a List. That doesn't work in Thunderbird and judging by
the way Ronni recently advised a member (Re: Change of email address
bulk mail out - 30/12/09) you can't do it in Mail.
I realise that each Client has its particular way of doing certain
operatons. My hope was that I was overlooking a simple cut and paste
procedure for setting up a List in Thunderbird but as you say, to
misquote old Blue Eyes, "I must do it Their way".
Enjoy welcoming the New Year. Drive safely.
Merv
Hi Merv,
I don't know of a friendlier client than apple mail, aside from maybe
gmail and the like.
I have helped a lot of people move from eudora to other clients and I
have noticed many have similar complaints to your's.
Eudora's interface was unique, it did things in it's own way, quite
different to a typical client.
This, I believe, requires unlearning to move on happily.
I cannot give specific advice on your question but I would like to
advise that instead of trying to use other clients the way you used
eudora, try to see how other clients 'want' to do things.
In my opinion eudora was an awful piece of software, mainly from a
support perspective and noting about the interface, however the amount
of wailing and gnashing of teeth upon it's removal either tells me it
*was* good software or it says it was merely addictive.
Cant say for sure except I am pleased it is almost extinct at work now.
Good Luck
Paul
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
--
"Science teaches that we must see in order to believe, but we must also
believe in order to see."
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>