Hi All

I require some help or advise.

Have just purchased a Canon PIXMA MP990 all-in-one printer.

Took it out of the box and tried to put the Print Header in the Print Header
Holder.

Raised the Print Head Lock Lever and inserted the Print Head into the Print
Head Holder.

Pushed it in until it clicked into position. But now the Print Head Lock Lever
can not be lowered into position as it is prevented by the Print Head.

The inside sides of the Lock lever (a parallel thin plate along the inside
edge) prevents lowering as it "hits" the top outside edges of the Print Head.
It therefore remains fully open and the whole printer top can not be lowered.

I do not want to use anymore force to close it. (More force feels like it would
break something).

Also since clicking in the Printer Head, it is firmly fixed into place and
unable to be moved any further nor even being extracted back out. (Again I fear
any more force will break something).

I do not think I inserted the Print Head in an incorrect manner as it is
sitting in the Print Holder in the same way as depicted in the illustrations.

Regards Joe