On 07/01/2010, at 5:54 PM, Ian Reid wrote:

> Good afternoon all
>
> Using Quicken Home and Business 2009 via Windows Vista in a virtual machine
> in Parallels 4.0, I received the following strange error message:-
>
> "Required dll called convert_stub.dll" could not be loaded. Please re-
> install your product."
>
> Can anyone with Windows know-how comment about convert_stub.dll. I am
> assuming, actually hoping, that it is harmless.
>
> Ian Reid

Does Quicken still function despite the message? DLL files are Dynamic Link
Library files and are required by Windows software to perform vital functions,
although it's surprising how many times the failure of various ones to load has
no apparent effect whatsoever.

The fact that the message says that the .dll file is "required" would indicate
that it is in fact an important file, that that a re-installation or an update
of Quicken itself is required.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 064 948