Hi James,

My MacBook Pro, has 3 USB Ports. The one I mentioned below is the High Speed
USB Port  'Built-in iSight'.
This Port has 500 (mA) Current Available & 500 (mA) Current Required.

The USB Port - Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad / IR Receiver
has 500 (mA) Current Available & 40 (mA) Current Required.

The USB Port - Bluetooth USB Host Controller
has 500 (mA) Current Available & 0 (mA) current required.

This is your field, I don't profess to understand it, I was only pointing out
that "All USB Ports are Not Equal".