Hi Neil,

I have followed your instruction and everything checks out down to level 4.

However when I try to connect to Windows update, Explorer comes back with the message:

website found, waiting for reply (at bottom of screen) then

"Internet Explorer cannot display the web page"

I used the diagnose connection problems and got the following message:

Windows cannot connect to the internet using HTTP, HTTPS or FTP. This is probably caused by the firewall settings on this computer Check the firewall settings or HTTP (port 80), HTTPS (port 443) and FTP (port 21). You might need to contact your internet service provider (ISP) or the manufacturer of your firewall software.

The same message comes up when I try to use Explorer

regards,
David Hudleston