I'm using an Apple magic mouse on my new iMac i5, Mac OS 10.6.2 and when it is functioning well it is wonderful.

Unfortunately it has this awkward habit of invoking the Exposé Show Desktop with left mouse clicks. This is intermittent and appears to be increasing in frequency, sometimes two or three in a row and often every 3rd or 4th click. If I don't physically hold the mouse and just click with one finger press it seems to work normally but I'd have RSI in 5 minutes if I had to do that.

Considering Apple doesn't even include the Exposé function natively with the mighty mouse I'm not sure what's happening.

I did install MagicPrefs to see f that could help - it does help me get back from the Exposé status (not always so easy otherwise) but has no effect on the initial problem.

I have turned off all Exposé settings and trashed the mouse preference plists, to no avail.

Can anyone help with this one?

Thanks

Mike Fuller