Hi People,

Steve Jobs doesn't want Flash on the iPhone. He has always stated Flash is too
slow for the iPhone.
Flash is known to be the #1 contributor to Apple's crash logs, so why would he
want a non-apple plugin crashing Apple software Safari?

If Safari crashes, people don't blame the bad Flash plugin, (which Apple have
no control over), they blame Safari.

On 23/02/2010, at 6:11 PM, Eugene wrote:

> I agree with you Chris, potentially Apple will lose control over the Apps if
> Flash Application could run on the iPhone. Many applications (games) running
> on other phones are Flash based.
>
> Additionally Flash could be used to introduce errant applications. Already
> there are Flash videos with built in viruses.
>
> There are numerous pictures of the iPad running web sites with Flash contents
> - so it is doable but not with Apple's consent.
>
>                     Regards,
>                     Eugene

> <(null) 4.tiff>
> On 23/02/2010, at 4:54 PM, Christopher S wrote:
>

>> Maybe I'm just a pessimist but the reason I think Apple doesn't want Flash
>> on the iPhone/iPad is control. If Flash were to take hold on the platform it
>> could challenge the App Store and potentially the OS itself by seeding some
>> control to Adobe.
>>
>> The other thing is that iPhone OS is based on Mac OS X so it would be
>> trivial to get flash running - I think there were rumours that Adobe did it
>> ages ago but they couldn't release it...
>>
>> Chris.
>>

>>> From: Peter Hinchliffe <hinch...@multiline.com.au>
>>> Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 09:14:34 +0800
>>> To: WAMUG List Mailing <wamug@wamug.org.au>
>>> Subject: Finally: the truth about Flash and the iPhone - iPod Touch - iPad
>>>

>>> Seems the main reason that Flash is a bad idea on Apple's touch screen
>>> devices
>>> is the lack of a mouse...
>>>
>>> http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2010/02/20/an-adobe-flash-developer-on-why-the-i
>>> pad-cant-use-flash/
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Peter Hinchliffe        Apwin Computer Services
>>> FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
>>> Perth, Western Australia
>>> Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 064 948
>>> Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to.

17" MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo
2.4 GHz / 4GB / 800MHz / 500GB
OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)