Hi, Hugh

I would take a look at OpenDNS <http://www.opendns.com/> it definitely
should do what you want to do.

But I don't recommend it if your ISP offers unmetered content. And if you
use that unmetered content a lot

--
Regards Kyle

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kyle Kreusch - iT, Consultant - Phone: (08) 6365-4577-73520
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apple: Computers, Mac OS X Support.
iPod, Computer Accessories - Internet and Network Solutions
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This E-Mail was Dictated Using Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Hugh Griffiths <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> Thanks Ronni, ebuddy seems to just be a webpage, not a program to install,
> I have tried to run lil snitch, but as ebuddy just uses a standard port 80
> http protocol I cant see how to configure lil snitch.  What I need is like a
> "reverse" parental controls something that allows me to block several web
> pages, rather than having to enable web pages?
>
> Hugh
> ________________________________________
> From: [email protected] [[email protected]] On Behalf Of
> Ronda Brown [[email protected]]
> Sent: Sunday, 28 February 2010 5:50 PM
> To: WAMUG Mailing List
> Subject: Re: ebuddy
>
> Why not unistall ebuddy?
> If you just want to stop it connecting to the Internet , Little Snitch
> can be set to stop a programme connecting to the Internet.
> http://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnitch/index.html
>
> Sent from Ronni's iPhone
>


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>