Hi Aurora, I'm very curious about the Enjo idea -- sounds like a great idea if it works.
For quick cleaning, I use isopropyl alcohol (99.7% pure isopropanol/propan-2-ol, not the 70% "rubbing alcohol"). You can buy a spray pack for $10 at electronics stores. You don't have to turn off the computer before spraying it, as it's electrically non-conductive and you can spray it carefree (no need to overdo it, though). You can safely and effectively clean metal, plastic and glass. I use it to clean all of my computers, laptops, screens, keyboards, mice, USB flash drives, iPods, mobile phones, desks, mirrors, windows, etc. It's a "universal cleaner" for non-porous surfaces. I generally wipe with tissues, but obviously you'd use a lint-free cloth if you can (I use left-overs from spectacles). I know there is a culture against using "alcohol" and tissues, but they are harmless, effective, and cheap. People always marvel at why my equipment looks brand new. The reason people are against "alcohol" is due to ethanol (drinking alcohol), which will damage most plastics. For proper polishing, I use a 60%/40% (or 75%/25%) mixture of isopropyl alcohol and water. This can be sprayed onto standalone keyboards, mice and glass screens (anything that can be virtually sprayed with water). But for non water-tight surfaces, I use the mixture to moisten a cloth/tissue. The mixture is a better polisher than either ingredient on its own, and the alcohol ensures that the water evaporates quickly. It is also a great tool for eliminating leftover adhesive from labels and sticky tape. You can use it as a general household cleaner and disinfectant. James -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>

