Hi Marlene,

Sorry to hear you are still having problems with creating a DVD of a good
standard.
What you are seeing sounds like "Combing / Jaggies" - Interlacing artifacts.

Did you only check the video in iDVD's Preview?
After you did "Save As Disk Image" of your iDVD Project, and played it in DVD
Player, were the "Combing / Jaggies" as noticeable?.

Also, what size images did you use in iMovie?
768 x 576 pixels for standard video in PAL format
1024 x 576 pixels for widescreen in PAL format