Hi

I normally connect to the internet through an ethernet connection to my partner's machine, but I've just been testing a wireless broadband connection, which seems to have left my System Preferences corrupted.

Now, every time I open System Preferences and select "Network" I get a pop-up box that tells me "Your network settings have been changed by another application". When I press OK the box just pops up again immediately. If I am very quick I can get System Preferences to respond to me, but the pop-up box keeps re-appearing.

I've tried trashing com.apple.systempreferences.plist from the preferences with no change. I do have backups but I'm not sure what needs replacing. Any help will be appreciated.

emac 800MHz
OS 10.4.11
System Preferences 3.3

Cheers, Kaye