Hi Barry,

Yep, there is definitely going to be an Apple Store in Perth. It's currently
under construction in Hay Street, beside the Holiday Inn, where the Saigon
Pastry House/Joint Venture used to be.

Apple have gutted over the building and it looks like it will be your
standard Apple Store with the old building facade. I was speaking to a
construction worker a few weeks ago and he said it was a closely guarded
secret who was moving in and that the fit out would be starting at the end
of the week.

Ifoapplestore posted the construction requests with Apple's name on them
quite a while ago. Apple were also recruiting last year. So I'd say it will
be open in time for the next iPhone launch.

Not that I'm following any of this...

Happy Easter/Chocolate Egg Day to everyone too.

Chris.


> From: Barry Sexstone <[email protected]>
> Reply-To: WAMUG Mailing List <[email protected]>
> Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 18:00:15 +0800
> To: WAMUG Mailing List <[email protected]>
> Subject: Apple shop
> 
> 
> Not very long ago there were stories about an Apple Shop opening in Perth.  Is
> there any more news on this?  Where/when true/false ?
> 
> I hope everyone had a good Easter break.
> 
> Barry
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
> 




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>