Hi Peter,

I have found that Intel network cards will sometimes work in G4 towers
under OSX.
Some other brands, such as Realtek, work sometimes too.
There was no driver installation required, just the right card.
I also recall installing a Realtek card under OS9, this did require
drivers which I got from Realtek.
Can't say for sure but I believe I may have an Intel card at home, I
can check for you if you are still keen.
Your local PC shop may even be friendly enough to lend/give you old
cards to try.
As far as I am aware I do not think there is any danger in trying this
beacause as I have said, they either work or they do not.
Do a backup anyway before you try something a stranger has suggested ;-)

Good Luck
Paul


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>