On 02/06/2010, at 11:19 AM, Ronda Brown wrote:

> Hello People,
>
> I noticed on the WAMUG Meeting streaming video a question was asked about
> "How to sort Bookmarks alphabetically" in Safari.
> Daniel gave an option of creating a folder on your desktop & dragging the
> Bookmarks into the folder, sorting the folder in list view and then dragging
> the folder back into Safari Bookmarks … that works, but is more than most
> people want to do ;-)
>
> I have been using "Bookdog" for years to sort my Bookmarks, it's a great
> little application.
>
> Safari will not sort Bookmarks alphabetically, it never has.
> Safari Sorter was great & free in OSX 10.2.8. to OSX 10.3.8, but does not
> work in Panther OSX 10.3.9 & not available for OSX10.4 Tiger, Leopard or Snow
> Leopard.
>
> Bookdog is great & will do what you want, but it's not free. I paid $14.95USD
> in 2005 or 2006 for it.
> Bookdog is the world's premier shepherd and guardian of your bookmarks for
> the world's premier operating system, Mac OS X.
>
> Bookdog can sort, organise, eliminate duplicates, automatically verify and
> migrate bookmarks between Safari, Camino, Firefox, OmniWeb and Opera.
>
> <http://www.sheepsystems.com/products/bookdog/>

I thought the sheepsystems site had a familiar look. A peek at the source code
shows it was put together with Karelia's Sandvox, and the Sandvox badge is on
the About page as well. As a Sandvox user and advocate it's always good to come
across real life examples of its use.

Sandvox is a Mac-only web-site construction tool which makes it very easy to
create and modify complete websites with minimal technical knowledge, and fits
very well into the modern Mac OS X content creation paradigm represented by
iWork, Bento and others.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 064 948